The global torpedo market size is projected to reach USD 1,065.4 million by the end of 2027. The technological intervention has played a massive role in the growth of the market in recent years. According to a report published by Fortune Business Insights, titled “Torpedo Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Weight (Heavyweight Torpedoes, and Lightweight Torpedoes), By Launch Platform (Air-launched, Surface-Launched, and Underwater-Launched), By Propulsion (Electric Propulsion, and Conventional Propulsion) and Regional Forecast, 2020-2027, the market was worth USD 889.9 million and will exhibit a CAGR of 6.71% during the forecast period, 2020-2027.
Covid-19 Pandemic has Brought Manufacturing Units to a Halt and Subsequently Delayed Product Deliveries
The recent coronavirus outbreak has had a drastic impact on several Industries across the world. To curb the rapid spread of the disease, governments across all countries have advised people to avoid public gatherings and adopt social distancing practices. The aerospace and defense sector is among the worst-hit sectors across the world due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. As a result, manufacturing units and similar businesses have been compared to shut down either temporary or permanently. The shutdowns in manufacturing units have directly affected deliveries across the torpedo sector. As a result the covid-19 pandemic will affect the growth of the torpedo market in the immediate future.
Get Sample PDF Brochure:
List of the Leading Companies Profiled in the Global Torpedo Market are:
- ASELSAN AS (Ankara, Turkey)
- Atlas Elektronik GmbH (Bremen, Germany)
- BAE Systems PLC (Farnborough, the U.K.)
- Bharat Dynamics Limited (India)
- Honeywell International Inc.(Charlotte, the U.S.)
- Leonardo S.P.A. (Italy)
- Lockheed Martin Corporation (Bethesda, the U.S.)
- Naval Group (Paris, France)
- Northrop Grumman Corporation (Falls Church, the U.S.)
- Raytheon Technologies Corporation (Farmington, the U.S.)
- Rosoboronexport (Moscow, Russia)
- Saab AB (Sweden)
- Sechan Electronics Inc. (Pennsylvania, the U.S.)
- Other Players
A torpedo is a military weapon system that is mostly used in naval warfare. It is used as a mode of explosive and defense in cases of war attacks. The entire torpedo unit consists of a guided system, propulsion system, and explosives. The shape of the torpedo is such that it caters to traveling long distances at a rapid pace. Recent advances in this product have allowed flexible applications, including control of depth and direction through preset plans.
The massive investments in the research and development of torpedo are consequential to the increasing Military conflicts across the world. The growing military budget allocation will emerge in favor of the companies operating in the market in the coming years. The increasing number of company collaborations will provide an impetus to the growth of the market.
Company Collaborations are an Increasing Trend Among Major Businesses
The report encompasses several factors that have contributed to the growth of the overall market in recent years. According to the increasing demand for defense organizations are looking to enter into long-term contracts with manufacturers in the torpedo market. Among all factors, the increasing number of company collaborations has made the highest impact on the growth of the market in recent years. In June 2019, Bharat Dynamics Limited announced that it has signed a new contract with Indian Navy. The contract is said to be worth a whopping USD 169.8 million. Through this contact, the company will work towards developing a new heavyweight torpedo. The ‘Varunastra’ will be used by the Indian Navy for advanced naval operations. Increasing number of search company collaborations will have a massive impact on the growth of the global torpedoes market in the coming years.
Get your Customized Research Report:
North America to Emerge Dominant; Increasing Defense Budget Allocations to Bode well for Market Growth
The report analyzes the ongoing market Trends across five major regions. Among all regions, the market in North America is expected to hold the largest market share in the coming years. The increasing number of torpedoes procured by the US Navy in the past few years has had a huge impact on the growth of the market. The rising investments in defense tools as well as explosives will bode well for the growth of the regional market. Additionally, the presence of several large scale companies in this region will also emerge in favor of market growth. As of 2019, the market in North America was worth USD 331.9 million and this value is projected to rise at a considerable pace in the coming years.
Key Questions Answered:
- Why Choose Fortune Business Insights?
- What are the key demands and trends shaping the market?
- What are the key opportunities in the market?
- What are the key companies operating in the market?
- Which company accounted for the highest market share?
- What is the market size and growth rate of the global and regional market by various segments?
- What is the market size and growth rate of the market for selective countries?
- Which region or sub-segment is expected to drive the market in the forecast period?
- What Factors are estimated to drive and restrain the market growth
Detailed Table of Content:
- Research Scope
- Market Segmentation
- Research Methodology
- Definitions and Assumptions
- Executive Summary
- Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
- Market Opportunities
- Key Insights
- Key Industry Developments –Mergers, Acquisitions and Partnerships
- Latest technological Advancements
- Porters Five Forces Analysis
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Qualitative Insights
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Torpedo Market
- Supply Chain Challenges
- Steps Taken by the Industry/Government/Companies to Overcome the Impact
- Key Developments in the Industry in Response to COVID-19
- Potential Opportunities due to COVID-19 Outbreak
- Global Torpedo Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2016-2027
- Key Findings / Summary
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Weight
- Heavyweight Torpedoes
- Lightweight Torpedoes
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Launch Platform
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Propulsion
- Electric Propulsion
- Convectional Propulsion
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the world
July 2020 –Raytheon Technologies Corporation announced that it has aged a contract from the US Navy. The contract is said to be worth USD 88 million and is aimed at modifying MK54 lightweight torpedoes with new spare components to make it more efficient to track and attack underwater targets
View Related News:
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth. Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
At Fortune Business Insights™, we aim at highlighting the most lucrative growth opportunities for our clients. We, therefore, offer recommendations, making it easier for them to navigate through technological and market-related changes. Our consulting services are designed to help organizations identify hidden opportunities and understand prevailing competitive challenges.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]